Are the Herald angels singing? :: Triumph Torque

Triumph Parts Sign up for our Newsletter Rimmer Bros

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Are the Herald angels singing?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  Are the Herald angels singing?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 18 Guests

Are the Herald angels singing? Print
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
roger.england
December 18, 2017, 10:02am Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.18

1971 Gilbern Invader
1956 Terrot 125 EMS
Private Message Reply: 15 - 22
Rosbif
December 18, 2017, 11:30am Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Thanks Roger.

Yes it does look quite tidy, love the colour but then I'm biased.

As many have said if you DO want a convertible buy the genuine item, if prices allow. The anti burst catches are fitted by the factory to the convertibles for a reason, not for cosmetics. So if you buy this one get them fitted.

This is a nice example of the saloon.

Horses for courses.

Ruby : 1968 13/60 convertible
"I'm not rich enough to buy cheap"

"If it isn't broken don't fix it" - where's the fun in that?
Private Message Reply: 16 - 22
Pete Arnold
December 18, 2017, 12:17pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Quoted from Rosbif

I'm clearly being thick here but I can't find the car you are all talking about, and have obviously found on the bay, any chance someone can post a complete link to it.

Thanks

Complete link is
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.h.....3261312&_sacat=0

But you should find it by putting  253313261312  in the Search box at the top of the Bay page.

Currently 96 "watchers"!

Signal Red - 1967 MkI Vitesse Saloon - North Bucks
Private Message Reply: 17 - 22
Steve68
December 18, 2017, 12:46pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.41
I would love to buy the Mrs a proper drop top but it's a second classic and I still have a few jobs to complete on my Dolomite which will cost me a few quid. (Worth it though, it's a beauty.) She doesn't necessarily want a convertible, I just spotted in and thought it looked great but since doing a little homework and asking you guys your opinions I'm thinking about offering around 2750.  I did wonder why his dad wasn't selling the car at his auction but I suppose it would make peanuts this time of year??
I'm also considering buying a Granada as well so 3 - 4k on a Herald is about where I would like to be and improve it as time goes on.  The half decent convertibles seem to be just north of that figure.
Private Message Reply: 18 - 22
Pete Lewis
December 18, 2017, 6:50pm Report to Moderator

Tssc Herts and Beds A.O.
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Why would anyone advertise a saloon with the roof off as a  convertible  /hard top when its just a saloon,
  and theres no cold setting for the carburretor presume he  means its set rich for some reason
and getting the side window seals and boot  deck seal to be water tight with regular ons and offs ,  Nah !!
buy it as a tin top and keep it that way
pete

1964 1600 Vitesse 6 Cactus and Black , now  sold
now have T2000   Mk2 saloon in French Blue/grey trim  been  restored without running since 1997
now has power steering ,poly bushed and Alfa 156 seats
location  Luton
Private Message Reply: 19 - 22
Steve68
December 18, 2017, 7:03pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.41
It's a pretty car but yes, I'll make an offer based on it being a saloon. I doubt he'll accept though :/
Private Message Reply: 20 - 22
Drake
December 21, 2017, 8:42pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.14
So Steve, did you make an offer? I ran into a friend from my village today, an owner of Heralds in the past and who was delighted to see my 13/60 CV when I brought it home last Summer. Anyway, he must  have started thinking about them again: he mentioned that he'd seen a saloon he liked, told me the colour, and it turns out it's this same one. He's off to see it, I think he'll make an offer too. We reckon the guy's looking for £3000 but might go a little lower - if all is as it seems, it's a solid car with good paint, a smart interior and running well so probably worth the price. We all know you can buy cheaper but any car that needs a respray, welding and plenty of replacement parts is always going to cost a lot more in the end than buying an up-together example in the first place.

My friend wants a saloon but will take the roof off in Summer - apparently his Grand-dad used to do it every year with his own back in the 70's, as did many owners. I don't think dodgy seals or the odd drenching bothered the old-school at all.
Private Message Reply: 21 - 22
Pete Arnold
December 26, 2017, 7:34pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Well, looking again on eBay, somebody appears to have bought it on Christmas Eve.

Incidentally also on eBay, #192409696851 looks like a reasonably honest Herald 1200 Saloon at a sensible price.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tri.....3:g:6kYAAOSw63FaQm5Y

Signal Red - 1967 MkI Vitesse Saloon - North Bucks
Private Message Reply: 22 - 22
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  Are the Herald angels singing?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread